The Role of Translators in Business
In a competitive global business platform, translators play a vital role in ensuring clarity of communication and accuracy of information.
After all, language is one of the main currencies in business, especially where multilingual target audiences are involved.
Here are some of the different and crucial ways that translators make a huge impact on business and core industries.
- Localize a product or service. At the end of the day, an excellent product or service will become useless if no one understands how to use or maximize it. The translator’s role is bridge the gap so that the target market will appreciate the relevance and adapt to the product despite language differences.
- Cascade vital medical information. Translators help ensure that vital medical information are correctly cascaded to patients and key medical personnel. This is particularly true for journals and hospital brochures.
- Open up new business opportunities. A good example of this is website translation. In this digital marketplace, a website is the customer’s first touch point when researching about a product or a brand. Thus, it is vital for the website to literally speak the language of the customer.
- Ensure inviolability of legal documents. Legal documents, by nature, contain sensitive information that must be handled with extreme care. Translators ensure that no information is lost in translation especially when matters of life, death, citizenship and ownership are involved.
- Allow more people to appreciate published works. Translators also play a huge role in expanding readership for authors. Translated works make the publishing market more robust, and for readers, allows access to work of various authors from around the globe.
In the U.S., Spanish is the most spoken non-English language, according to the Pew Research Center. Interestingly, a good number of these speakers are non-Hispanic. As such, Spanish speakers form a dominant and sought-after group for many businesses.
“Many entrepreneurs find that having a reliable Spanish translation service really is a good investment for business because of the immense potential of the Hispanic market,” Salvador Ordorica, The Spanish Group general manager, said. The Spanish Group is a California-based Spanish translation service group known for their high quality of translations, speed of service and cost effectiveness.
“At The Spanish Group, we only do Spanish translation services so we can focus on quality,” Ordorica added. “Our translations have a 100 percent acceptance rate in all government offices, and in academic and private institutions around the country.”
Lorenzo Saavedra is a San Francisco-based Colombian writer. He has a degree in Journalism and Economics from the University of Miami where he graduated with Latin honors. He is fluent in Spanish, English, Italian, and also speaks “some Arabic.”
During his time in the university, he wrote about Cuban-American population and relations, and the incorporation of Cuban-Americans into mainstream American society.
Lorenzo juggles his time between working as a freelance writer and travelling which is also a source of inspiration for many of his works. His favorite topics are politics and social issues, literary and film criticism, and business.
Lorenzo enjoys going to the beach and learning about new languages.